House Fire Believed To Be Caused By Cooking Meth

At about midnight on Friday the Bryan Fire Department was called to a residential fire at a duplex located at 304 Center St., Bryan.

One occupant with serious injuries was transported to St. Vincent Medical Center while six others made it out safely.

Assisting the Bryan Fire Department in the investigation and removal of hazardous waste were the Multi-Area Narcotics Task Force, Bryan Police Department, and the Williams County Sheriff’s Office.

Numerous chemicals and apparatus used in the manufacture of Methamphetamine were removed from the residence.

Initial findings indicate a failure occurred in a cooking vessel while Methamphetamine was being produced using a method commonly referred to as a “One Pot Shake and Bake.”

  Suspect information is being withheld at this time due to the ongoing investigation.

The Red Cross assisted at the scene in providing temporary housing for the displaced residents.

Information from the Multi-Area Narcotics Unit Task Force

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s